Saturday, May 17, 2008

Looking Up!

So I think I offically hit the pit this week. With only a month remaining for the EDD of Autumn, it has been tough. Also, two babies at school were born in the last weeks. One was an ememergcy caused by a car accident. The baby had to be revived upon being born and spent a few days at Children's in OKC. Now she is home and doing well. The other baby was due around the same time as Autumn. She went for her normal appointment and her water was broken a little. She was just under 6 weeks until delivery. After a day of testing, they did a C-section and he was born. No problems, but will have to stay in the hospital for a while. I haven't had the nerve to go up there yet, but I should. I have something for her, as she missed her baby shower. She gave birth the day it was held. The other lady at school (due the same day) is still big and pregnant. So this week was hard.

I went to the doctor for a sinus infection and we talked about it. His records showed I was pregnant because of the + test I had in March for the chem. pregnancy. So I told him about the adoption idea. He had adopted their first son, so he gave me a some great information. I looked over the websites and then just felt a feeling of not wanting to give up.

I decided to call the Bennett Fertility Clinic in OKC. I saw there sign for many weeks while Mike was sick. So I did some checking and Dr. Reshef is on my insurance. Dr. Shelton had said that the shots I took with Evy probably helped my body because of the hormones, so we will probably have to do it again. Anyway, I called fully expecting to not get an appointment until July or August. They had one on June 2. The crazy news... is I will already be going to OKC for a conference on June 2. I will miss part of the first day, but it will be ok since I have been to another conference that will be much like the information given on the first day. I called the director lady just to make sure. It seems to be fitting into place and I don't feel the sinking sadness. I am just thinking postive and hoping he will have some answers.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad to hear you are not giving up on having another child. Hopefully the doctors can help you out and soon you'll be celebrating! Good luck!

Lisa said...

I'm glad you were able to get in with the doctor in OKC. Hopefully you will get some answers as to whats going on. I think it's great that you guys are thinking of adoption too.

About the shoes, Addison is wearing size 6 & 7 (depends on the shoe). Hope to see you at church tomorrow!