Thursday, May 1, 2008

14 days left...

Just 14 days of school left. I am definately anticipating summer. Today we recieved our adoption packet in the mail. It was hard to pick ONLY 6 references for the application. It doesn't really look the DHS is the best avenue to go from reading through the information. We want a child younger than Evy and that means we may wait a LONG time. Plus, kids from DHS come with some baggage. But, I can handle baggage. The whole point of us adopting is to provide some child with a loving home that they wouldn't get from their natural parents. I know whatevery God's will is... that is what will be.

I received a plant from the social committe at school today-- as a "thinking of you" from the miscarriage surgery in Nov- 5 months, 1 week and 3 days later! Several members of faculty knew about the miscarriage and I was shocked that I didn't recieve anything sooner. I mean I pay $40 a year for that kind of stuff. It is a pretty Lantana plant with little yellow flowers. It will stay at school until it is gets warmer outside and then I will bring it home for the summer. The whole reason it happened was because we were talking about gifts people have received for different events during the school year. Plus... the faculty is hosting a baby shower for the two ladies who are pregnant and I don't plan on attending, so I was getting information to give them a gift at a later time. I am sure they will understand. It just can't go sit and 'ahhh' over gifts that I should be getting too!

So... now I am just praying for whatever God wants to happen. I am sure that somewhere in the world there is a little child who needs Michael and I to love them. I don't know how long it will take us to meet... but I hope it is soon.

No comments: