Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our Last Ditch Effort...18 months later.

Five years ago, I had surgery to remove lesions and stage 2 endometrosis. It covered the majority of my female parts and was present on the bowel, bladder and even the liver. I underwent 6 months of treatment to "kill" it, but...after a visit with Dr. B, I found out, he thinks the endometrosis is returning. This 6 month treatment is a monthly shot which depletes the body of hormones, throwing you into full blown menopause. I think that it was one of the worst experiences with the best results, because we were able to conceive during the first month after the treatment was over. My husband will tell you that I wasn't too pleasant to live with during this phase of our infertility journey. I remember the hot flashes and night sweats...but the most significant memory I have is the increase of the Zoloft each month.

It has been 18 months since we lost our precious gift, Autumn. It doesn't seem possible that we are dealing with this infertility again. After Monday's exam, I found out my ovaries are too big and covered in cysts (much worse than before)...so we will try one last ditch effort to get pregnant before resorting to re-doing the treatment. We will take birth control pills for a month to shrink the ovaries and then will do the shot treatment and try to have another child. If it doesn't work...then we will start the monthly shots to induce menopause. Oh....can't you hear the joy in my words!

Evy got a chance to meet Dr. B and Mary Cathrine on Monday. Her behavior was less than appealing for me, but I guess not too bad for a 3 year old. They both enjoyed getting to remember the process and talk to her. Dr. B even even showed a little affection to her before we left.

This morning Evy woke up and told me that she didn't feel good. Then the following conversation took place as she hopped into the shower with me.

Evy: I have a baby in my tummy for you!
Me: Really, how did it get into your tummy?
Evy: She just crawled over and hopped in...it is a sister. You have the brother in your tummy.
Me: When are you going to have this baby?
Evy: On Saturday. And I have banana food up in the garage for her.
Me" Really...
Me: You don't really have a baby in your tummy.**
Evy: Yes I do, it is for you. Because I want a sister.
**This continued most of the morning...until she got so made she threw a stuffed dog at me.

I guess I am not the only one wanting a baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, little Evy is so precious. I hope everything goes well for your treatment. I know it must be so scary, place your trust in God, and He will see you through. And remember, your friends are here for you through your journey!

Carolyn said...

Saying a prayer for this treatment....children are a gift from the Lord and they say the most precious things during our low times. Blessings to you and Michael.