Saturday, May 2, 2009

I love hotels.

Maybe because the mirror and toilet are spotless and I didn't put any effort into it.

Maybe because their furniture (and in today's case TV) is cooler than mine at home.

I especially love when the room comes with a fridge so you can store your leftovers so you don't have to throw them out, just because you are out of town.

I like that the beds are made...the floor is clean...and the towels match.

Generally, I guess I live in a very narcissistic world because I rarely consider the lives that have "lived" in the hotel room before me. The people who breathed (or whatever else) in the bed I just slept on. If you overthink it...I would probably change my title statement.

Stepping out of the Hampton shower this morning. Oh...showers are the only things that I don't love about hotels. I am a little partial to my Water-Pik shower head and nothing quite compares. I even find the "noises" intriguing...but the showers, they could stand for improvement... ah I digress.

Stepping out of the Hampton shower this morning, I considered who might have been here last night. And whether or not the housekeeping crew did a mighty fine job in disinfecting the room given the recent swine flu issues. Given that our state hasn't offically announced any H1N1 virus cases, I am not too worried, but the thought did cross my mind. Given the recent Yahoo! featured article, "Confessions of a Hotel Housekeeper." maybe I should be a bit more concerned. Even so... I still love hotels.

No comments: