Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today I climbed a mountain.

I awoke this morning with the same desire I had at 10p.m. to walk the steep hill at the foot of the resort. So...I dawned my new Nike sport bra, became very disappointed that my Nike +ipod sensor bit the dust, but decided that I would hit the trail anyway. I didn't know the distance and forgot to look at the clock before I left. The hill was so steep that I had to run down, trudge up the other side, and run back down, and trudge back to the resort. It was a crisp, slightly cool, Ozark smelling morning. I miss those morning walks at the farm as a teenager and young adult. The air *almost* smelled like Grandma's house. I listened to a little Needtobreath and pondered on my verses I am memorizing. I am still trying to figure out what is next...I need to get on it because it is 48 hours late! As I climbed back to the resort, I realized that I needed to pay attention to the time so I could figure out how much time it took me...see why I was so bummed about the sensor issue. When I got back to the room, I figured out the time by adding the songs I heard. I added the song totals and figured out it was 14 min. 29 sec. Then we drove it in the car... about 8/10s of a mile. Mapmyrun says .76 miles. It has an elevation ascent of of 194 feet and a decent of -190ft. I know it wasn't "30 minutes" of recommended exercise, but it got me sweating...which is good. So... today I climbed a mountain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! You did it! I'll bet you felt good after you were done! Keep up the great work!

Jessica said...

ah, the smell of grandma's house. That could get anyone motivated to climb. I am so proud of you. I am so excited to hear your training tales. It makes me want to work out. Love ya sis!