This the wreath we purchased this year at the Disney Store during our trip to Branson. I was not a huge fan of Mickey, but with a toddler WAY into princess and the hubby is a big fan so I am learning to love it. Secretly, it began happening after our last trip to Florida... and I can't wait to return!
This is the hubby's tree full of Star Trek ornaments in the living room. They light up and make sounds. I get a kick out of it when I turn them on because all of them talk at once. In the window is the snowflake lights and you can see the outside swag decorations. This is the tree you see through the front window. Since it sits on top of the TV it looks bigger than it is.
This is our Christmas tree in the den. It is as old as our marriage because Michael bought it the year before we were married. It usually has blue balls and gold musical ornaments with ribbons, but this year we had enough ornaments to leave off the themes. I love decorating the tree because I have ornaments from friends that give me warm and fuzzy feelings as I remember. I have one from Jodi N. when we they lived in Enid before her brain tumor and pregnancy! I have a ornament from Russia that Heather C. brought back during her trip. I have several that students have given me and they all mean so much.
These two ornaments are the ones I got to honor the baby that is in Heaven. We lost our little Autumn at 11 weeks last Thanksgiving. The first ball I bought as a gift for a friend who had gone through the same thing and one for myself. I had another angel marked 2007 that I picked up that could be engraved, but couldn't even say the words to the engraver. This year I chose the bottom angel that says "I am with you always" which gave me peace again this year. We didn't bury her, so in a small way this is a nice memorial for her memory since Thanksgiving and Christmas seem to be the hardest so far.
This is a nativity set that sits on the half wall by the laundry room. Two years ago, Michael mentioned he loved nativities and since he is so difficult to buy for, we got about 5 of them... including a Willow Tree set, which is out all year long with the other Willow Tree pieces. I display these all over the house instead of Santa's. They are so much more beautiful and meaningful.
Our stockings are usually hung by the chimney with care, but we recently rearranged the den so the fireplace is blocked by my rocking chair. I hung the stockings under the tree. Notice, no presents, they are in a pile in the study waiting to be wrapped. I think wrapping is my least favorite holiday chore.
I think by far this is my favorite Christmas decoration. It is a ceramic Christmas tree with little plastic light and bird shapes. It has a light inside and belonged to Michael's Grandma Evelyn. I haven't changed the light bulb and she has been gone for almost 20 years. I just love to have it out.
This is the outside of the house. While I love a good Griswold Christmas light spectacular, I don't like the getting on the roof, so we stick to the swag lights that I can put up with a step ladder or Michael can reach with a stretch. This year Evy is fascinated by lights so did a little more (and planned to do more, we just get so busy) We added the penguin because she loves the blow up things!
So on your way out, grab some hot chocolate and some orea truffles.
12 comments:
I have a green ceramic tree like your white one. It was my husband's grandma's. Love it! Didn't post it, but will probably go back and add it later.
The Mickey wreath cracked me up!
I love the blue that you use!! It looks great!! Merry Christmas!!
My grandma has a white ceramic tree just like that and I am so hopeing to get it!
I love the mickey wreath! Sooo cute! Makes me want to go to Disney real bad!
First, I am very sorry about your Autumn! I love the ornament for her. The Mickey Mouse wreath is awesome :) Merry Christmas!
I love the ceramic tree, I have one almost just like it :-) I think we broke mr linky but I found yours in the blog comments. :-) This is so much fun.
my mom had a ceramic tree. I work at a craft store and atleast 10 times a day i have people in search of those little pegs. Very nice. Merry Christmas
That penguin is too cute!
Adorable Mickey wreath. I pray that you will have more joy than sorrow this holiday season.
Mickey Mouse wreath is great!!!
Merry Christmas and thanks for the tour.
What a lovely home! Thanks for the tour.
Best wishes and blessings to you and your family during this Christmas season.
What a fun wreath! :0)
I'm adding a nativity this year and I think I'm settling on the Willow Tree one...
So sorry to hear about your sweet Autumn.
Thanks for visiting my tour.
May your Christmas be filled with the Joy of the Lord...
OREO TRUFFLES are amazing! Love all the decorations...You were very busy!
Post a Comment