I can't even really believe that I haven't felt like saying much, lately... weird huh? I have been feeling a little in over my head while wondering what the next steps in God's plan are. You see it seems that I misread the plan...or thought my plan was His plan and expected my year end outcome to be different. I had it all pictured out in my head... we would be spending this "Baby's First Christmas" loving our new family member. It would be snowy and all the family would be stuck together enjoying old stories and memories and passing her around. Well, unfortunately it didn't work out like that, so then I was SURE we would be celebrating the joy of the pregnancy. I would add another "Mom to Be" ornament to the tree and find some cutesy "I'm a big sister" shirt for Evy to wear to while leading me out with a bow around the belly. Oh, how your mind can wander.
Then this last weekend, I anticipated the call from the adoption coordinator to set up an interview. So I checked my phone continually-even in the Noah show, where it was prohibited and noticed by the security people. I expected that they might want to talk to us and we would get the ball rolling, only to find the adoption papers returned to my house. "Not deliverable address" printed on the yellow tag. Weirder still is that it IS the correct address. I didn't transpose the number, it was just undeliverable. So here they sit on the computer desk waiting for some Divine intervention.
So, I am definitely feeling in over my head. Truthfully,I am sure it is because my quiet time has slipped. I haven't had much focus. I hate to admit it, but I have a terrible time just picking up the Bible to read the stories. I have my Beth Moore journal and need to kick myself to get back in it...not too interested in the life of David right now. I am looking for something that I can't find...focus and attention. I keep looking for some kind of book talking about prayer and hearing God's voice. Any suggestions?... because My head and heart seem to be like spinning tires. I want to move forward, but feel stuck in the rut. So what is a girl to do? I am going to enjoy my morning coffee over the sweet word of Jesus...and make it a great new day!
Also... Today I also talked with an old friend on the phone. One of my high school buddies who is living back in Stillwater. She called information to get my number and called my in-laws. Thankfully, I got the message and we connected. She is pregnant due in March and is having a boy. While we talking and I was making dinner, Evy was listening. She chirped "Mom, if you want a boy, just ask Jesus!" Oh her child like faith is wonderful, so I will spend my days asking for a baby (notice, I didn't say boy)!
2 comments:
I hope you can figure out where to send the application. That must be frustrating. Is there a phone number you could call to verify it? Your daughter is so sweet!
:) Read "Boundaries" by Dr. Cloud
Post a Comment