Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Commitment

Michael came to me the other day with a proposition. He really feels it is very important to get our of debt (which seems impossible to me). He wanted to make some commitments. He wanted to commit to more exercise and healthy eating. Which means cutting back and phasing out bad foods. I was to commit to some "envelope" system online to track our spending. I agreed that I would try. So... today we joined the gym. He is excited to take his dad and do some working out. I am excited that I will be able to "really" train for the triathalon. I plan on packing my bag tonight.

So... I was thinking. I am committing to my physical health, but am I doing enough for my spiritual health? What am I doing to bulk up my spiritual walk. It seems like I pray in the morning, at dinner and before bed. I am reminded of God's awesomeness during "major" issues during the day- beautiful sky, scary situations, etc. But during the day to day busyness sometimes He leaves my mind. That thought "what would Jesus do?" doesn't always pop in my head. It is WAY easier to live for myself and not think in spiritual matters. The same is true about exercise and healthy food. Sometimes, bad choices are easier, faster, and more fulfilling. But, I am finding that my life isn't more fulfilling without God's guidance.

2 comments:

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

I know what you mean...I'm sure I have ADHD or ADD. I have about a million things going that can get in my way. I'm interested in doing a Beth Moore Bible Study with you. What do you think?

Amy said...

sounds great!