I have a 3 year old... she is very social, bossy, talkative and imaganitive. Put those all together and you have the makings of imaginary friends. She has begun to talk about people and things that aren't there. It started with the crocodiles that live under her bed, then the elephants that came at night. All normal right? Well, now she has (at least) 2 friends. Erna and Daniel. Erna came to the grocery store with us the other day. They sat in the blue car cart and Grandma buckled the BOTH in... that is when I knew it was getting to be a "thing". I hadn't heard much about Daniel until last night. I guess Daniel plays with her at the office. But, last night he joined us in the shower... except he was kind of naughty and was throwing the shampoo bottle and ducks on Evy's head. I asked her if she told him to stop and she said, "he won't". This is very serious business to her, so I dare not laugh... but I am dying on the inside. So where do you draw the line. In some cases (other than Daniel's naughtiness last night) these "friends" coiuld be spirits that I think babies/kids are aware of that adults miss. Evy's guardian Angels, perhaps?
So... do I have an imaginary friend? Not like Evy, but yes I have this friend, who can't be phyisically seen and doesn't speak to others like he talks to me. He stays close by my side, at the grocery store, in the car, and even in the shower too! He wants to be around, but am Iinviting him to "play" enough? I guess I should be playing more with my friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment