So in trying to make sense of all the crazy things that have been happening, I picked up a book by Beth Moore. In reflecting through the chapters, I came across this: Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you a furture and a hope." This means God is thinking about us continually. He thinks in terms of what can be used toward good, toward His plan for us and toward the future. So his intentions are pure, right? Sometimes it doesn't feel like that. But thinking about Joseph- the one who was thrown into a pit by his brothers-- there was a plan. God thought out in advance. Considered it, weighted it and checked it against the plumb line of he plan. He looked at the good it could ultimately accomplish, the lives that could be helped and even saved. Then and only then does God let such harm come to his child. Whatever the incident that pushes us into the pit, it must possess glorious purpose, or it would have been disarmed. If God allowed you to be thrown into a pit, you weren't picked on; you were picked out. God entrusted that suffereing to you because he has faith in you.
I haven't really felt peace in my life for a long time and I have definately felt picked on, but I am sure in this that God is pulling me back to him. I need to step under his peace and begin living under his covering and following ALL his directions. God thinks thoughts of peace and wants us to give him our anixeties to to the sar shalom. Ephesians 2:13-14 sums it up! He is waiting for us to come near and let him do the work.
God is good... all of the time... all of the time... God is good!
1 comment:
Thank you for this...even if it's way past the date you put it down. I needed to read this today. I'll tell you this....just when you think you've gotten a steady ground...you don't. I just have to remember to lean on Him and trust that He has a glorious plan for my life and others.
Thank you for the soul food!
Post a Comment