...did I get a dislocated rib?
After several days of severe pain, I went to the minor emergency clinic and the doctor finally discovered the reasoning behind my pain. A dislocated 5th rib. It must be sticking into the muscles surrounding the ribcage causing terrible pain. He tried to adjust me to put it into place and it wouldn't budge. He gave me a script for muscle relaxors that I am to take all weekend and then he will try again on Monday. I am a little worried about what the follow-up will entail, but hopefully it will be fixed once and for all. I am guessing the liagements are stretched so I will have about a 6-8 week recovery period once it is into place.
So today I am sitting in my leather chair, feet propped with hot chocolate and a laptop. I also will be reading my book. Evy is with Lisa because it is hard for me to care for her in such pain. I can't pick her up to change her clothes-- so I thought it would be safer for me to be home and her with a more competent (not on pain meds and muscle relaxors) caregiver today. In the shower, my shoulder moved and the pain eased up, so maybe it went back into it's spot. However, I still have major muscle pain from the injury. I think I remember how it happened. I was trying to keep Evy safe in the Wal-mart parking lot and walked into the mirror of an SUV. It was parked in one of the horizontial handicapped spaces. I was paying attention to Evy and when I hit the mirror it moved. Right on the shoulder- kind of like a football hit, I guess.
So other than that life is good. I am still waiting for a normal cycle to come after the procedure. It has been 1 month today... so there is still time. My cycles before my pregancy were about 34 days, so we are still waiting. I will give it another 2 weeks and then go get the drug to make me have a period. I am looking forward to ttc again. It is still pretty hard to hear about people getting pregnant. I know that all happens for a reason, but I am ready to move on an add to our family. I am still hoping for a 2008 baby!
1 comment:
Thanks for your transparency...your words have ministered to me. I am praying for a 2008 baby for you!
Cat
Post a Comment