Sunday, December 16, 2007

Everlasting Father

What a great day! After a rough night- Evy fell off the bed at my sisters and got stuck between the wall and bed- I woke up with the crashing into the wall before the blood curdling scream. I got her calm and she seems to be fine. She woke up and said her hand hurt, but I am sure it was just asleep- nothing more said today.
We all went to church to a WONDERFUL sermon about God being the "Everlasting Father" and what that meant. Craig Rochelle, asked Scott from Arizonia to preach this week. He talked about the dangers with looking at the Heavenly Father through the lens of the earthly father. He talked about a time when his daughter had a bike wreck and came screaming to the house with blood coming from her knees and elbows. She was crying uncontrollably and she ran up to him and he held her tightly . Then he began to pray for her to calm and hurt less and whispered in her ear. He said her breathing began to calm and she begin to stop crying and he was holding her. He said that that is what our father is like- We take beating, after beating with the things that happen in life and when we are bloody and crying uncontrollably we can jump in the Everlasting Father's arms and he will whisper in our ear until we begin to feel peace- because he is always there. What a wonderful anology of what it is like. No one ever said life wouldn't be difficult, but thinking about the last weeks, I feel like I have been beaten and am bleeding. I am definately in need of that spiritually holding and whispers of peace. Our scars don't leave and the blood doesn't stop- but we can still feel peace.
Then we had a wonderful reception for my neices baby dedication and Jessica's birthday. Then we came home in just enough time to get ready for Evy's christmas program-- what a hoot. She was center stage of course and hamming it up. After each song she would say "let's to that again" and clap with the people. Then she would begin to bow- the only one bowing-- where do 2 year olds come up with this stuff? It was hilarous. I am thinking about uploading it to utube.com.

1 comment:

Super Mom! said...

Oh, Amy I wish you would up load that! I would love to see it! I am glad that I got to share this special day with you guys, and I am sorry that I missed out on Evy's perfomance.
Love you!
Micah