Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful heart!

Thanksgiving has come and gone. It still doesn't seem like it should be the holidays already. Can you believe the day passed without one single picture of the family? I got up early and got the turkey cooking. Then later started the rest of the dinner, only to dash out to Michael's grandma's house. We returned with sleeping children and ate our own dinner. The babies nashed on leftovers from other people and were like begging puppies anytime a turkey plate was fixed. I have a couple videos of them playing but none of Thanksgiving dinner. I am thinking recreation is in store!

Things were a little different around here. My sisters were gone. We didn't have our usually family game time- no cards or "Apples to Apples" was played. No walks to the park because it was just to chilly. In fact- most of the family slept the afternoon/evening away. It seemed calm and relaxing but not normal. Michael worked overnight and so I managed all the night baby wake ups on my own and Evy slept in my bed with me. I got up early Friday morning- but not to brave the shopping crowds. I had planned to brave the black Friday crowds, but it was too frigid to go outside with the twins. Besides, shopping with the twins is never quick and easy. I just started working on sewing projects and spent time with family. It was different, but good.

I had a few reminders of past Thanksgiving and felt a little sad about losing our baby Autumn. It is always mixed good and not so good. I remember that 12 years ago Thanksgiving morn (really, really, really morn- like 1:30am) Michael proposed to me. We have spent the last 12 years loving each other and living life. I am so thankful he has been there in the good and the bad, in sickness and in health- and I hope he still plans on sticking it out until death may part us. My parents celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary on the 27th. What a treasure! I definitely have a thankful heart and many, many, many blessings.


1 comment:

Amy said...

So true. We have so much to be thankful for for! Job 1:21b - Praise his name in the good & the hard. I have a good friend that lost a child & has said over & over how thankful she is for eternity - the chance to see & know her child then. What a wonderful promise! Love ya, girl. Your kids sure are growing fast & just too cute.