In August, for a couple weeks- both babies slept through the night (STTN). I was so excited. School was starting and I was getting some much needed rest. Evy never really STTN until like 18+months, so this was cool. Then they got a cold right as school started. They quit sttn. We have battled 4-6 wake ups between them each night. They scream and aren't really comforted until they drink milk. Nutritionally, they aren't suppose to "need" bottles in the middle of the night now. They won't take their pacifier anymore, so they get a bottle and more sleep.
For the last few nights, Jackson hasn't cried much or needed a bottle during the night and Madelyn has only had 1 (about 3am) instead of 2. I can see that we might be crossing over again to sttn. This bit of news is more exciting because I will no longer be living in sin- being jealous of several "new" moms who have bragged that their little guys are sttn at like 6 weeks- ugh! Anyway, I am not getting my hopes up because we will be heading to St. Louis at the end of the week for a wedding. There will be hours in the car, hotels rooms with 6 people in them, new folks to meet, ruined routines and most of all an interruption in sttn.
My prayers (and hopefully yours too) will be that they will be uninterrupted by this trip and will continue to be their happy, unsick selves, who are sleeping through the night.
1 comment:
I find people just DO NOT get it...1 crying baby = 2 crying babies when you have multiples. It is really, really hard. I wish you good luck and sweet dreams!
Post a Comment