Thursday, July 9, 2009

Going to bed with my hair wet

Tonight I am doing just that...going to bed with my hair wet.

This week, I have been facilitating a Schools Attuned worshop. I have been staying in a hotel a 100+ miles away from home. Fortunately, my opar (my mother) came along, so that I was able to spend the week with my daughter, instead of away. I like to stay in hotels, but without my whole family, it isn't complete. I have greatly missed my husband. He has been at home, dealing with the stresses of life without his lovely wife. I can say that...because he would tell you it is true.

This week has been a new experience. I am teaching a different curriculum and with a partner I haven't taught with before. I have had 4 consecutive bad hair days and I also haven't felt great. We are in the middle of ovary suppression and I ended my cycle 4 days early, which has thrown my plans for a loop- The good news is God's timing is still on track.

Anyway...at the end of the day, the participants give us feedback in the form of a reflection. Yesterday I was blown out of the water by the negetive entry we recieved. I am not sure if it was me, or her, but it bothered me. It said something to the fact that we were unanimated and monotone. Me? monotone? really?!? So I was over-the-top-oohhy-goohy animinated...and it worked. They ate it up! But, all that goohyness is exhausting...

Michael came down to enjoy some Zio's dinner and watch Big Brother with his bride. He then loaded up my daughter and mother and returned home. So tonight I will sleep in that big bed all alone- with my wet hair- hope my alarm goes off in the morning and I find myself in the midst of a good hair day- at least I owe the partcipants that...since I have been boring and monotone-you know?!?

No comments: