Yesterday, I was unloading the "things" in the trunk of my car before loading up some gear and lunch for the Splash pad. I set my phone under the trunk lid, next to the struts that aid in holding it up. Oh, I know what you are thinking...I shut the phone in the trunk, smashing it into small ever-loving pieces...NOPE!
The phone slid into the tail light. Yes, the tail light. I tried to stick my hand down there and almost had the phone retrieved. Then it slipped further into the tail light housing. I tried to find the screws that would pop off the housing- with no such luck, so I went to the Internet to get some instructions. No luck!
So I gathered some kitchen tools-tongs and a 2 prong fork- and headed back out. Except this time, I got my hand stuck in the car. You need to have the whole picture to enjoy this...
Standing in my garage-door up for all the passing cars to witness-trunk lid open- daughter in the house- phone inside the tail light- hand stuck in the the tail light...no additional phone in the house. Did you get that in your mind?...it is kinda of funny huh!?!
For about 10 seconds-which felt like an hour- I really started to panic thinking I was going to need to call the fire department for some rescue- but how the heck was I going to do that?...my phone was in the stupid tail light!
I did get my hand out- not without some souvenir marks. I sought out some smaller hand help- Evy tried to get it, but knocked it through and it fell on the floor of the garage...how simple was that!?!
2 comments:
Oh mercy! What a story. You couldn't redo that scenario even if you tried. Glad it all worked out in the end and you didn't need any fire dept. heroics.
LOL! How funny-hope you can laugh now!
Post a Comment