I really didn't think that the altitude would bother me...and I was wrong. It wasn't too bad, but the side winding roads did bring on some car sickness in addition to an altitude headache.
The back of our cabin/resort had a little mountain to climb. Evy and I enjoyed going up and down the hill the first night. Eventually she chickened out.
The first full day we went shopping at the quaint downtown area. We bought Evy her first silver and turquoise ring (which she has already lost) and we all took a nap. Next to the cabin a river runs parallel to the road-icy cold rapids awaited and the family took a trip into the river several times. Evy really enjoyed playing in the river mud. We enjoyed the warm sun, cold river until it got a little too warm. I can tell you that I am NOT missing the 116 degree weather we left, but the CO sun can get toasty.
We enjoyed dinner at Hunters Chop House next to Lake Estes and then a drive into the Rocky Mountain National Park. Unfortunately, we only saw 2 wild animals. A little chipmunk and a dear. We climbed a peak to altitude of 10338ft and saw a little snow and experienced a rainstorm and 45 degree weather before we left the park at dark.
More to come tomorrow! Meanwhile enjoy the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment