Friday, April 17, 2009

A lot on the plate....

So after a visit to the nuerologist, it is clear that this problem isn't really going to get solved- at least not now- he continues to think that I suffer from cervical radiculopathy- pain from a pinched nerve radiating away from the neck and has added carpal tunnel to the mix. He suggested we try a different drug and start PT again. It seems that an EMG test will be in the mix in short order, but I was able to hold off on the electric shock and needle torture for at least a few more months.

-----------------------
Michael's Dad is back in the hospital and still internally bleeding from an unknown source. They ran a body scan yesterday and are hoping to have some ideas today. I imagine that he will go back to OKC for more tests and treatments, so keep him in your prayers.

---------------------
Michael told me yesterday that he must move his office this weekend and have the wire man re-run his lines on Monday since the new rentors want to move in on April 22. The phone company can't get it together any earlier than 2 weeks to move the office from across town over to our new location. I bet if we asked from home phone service it could be done in 3 days or less.

-----------------------
oh...and last week our dog ran away and never returned. She usually jumped out of the fence, but then came home within minutes or hours. She has been gone much longer than we have hope for return. Evy was devestated, so we went to the SPCA and got a new little daushaund named Pretzel. He is nuetured (yes, Jessica) current on all his shots and the sweetest little thing. In the few days we have had him he has only barked once- when Evy and I returned to the house and he and Michael were sleeping/watching TV. She loves him, however, he desire to be at home with him has caused some sort of naughty streak that I am hoping passes very soon.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow...that is a lot. I'll be praying for you. It's never fun to deal with pain when you have a lot going on. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I hope they find something to take away or at least curb the pain you are in. That test sounds like torture. Hopefully the new dog works out and everything will settle down soon. Sending you hugs!

Dawn said...

Hang in there Amy! We're always praying for you and the family. I hope things get better soon.

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Lots going on for both of us....you are always in my prayers! Love and miss yoU!