I have never participated in a mission trip event or any large out-of-your-comfort-zone evangelism event. I haven't had to opportunity to get out my comfort zone spiritually. I have been pondering the "love the least of me commands" as I read the posts from India. I really want to be in a place where God teaches me to love the least of those. I feel sorry for them as I pass them in my big SUV texting on my fancy cell phone, but I don't love them. And I guess maybe not even the homeless, poor and lonely, but even get a deeper greater understanding of the needs of the students in my school, so that I could love them more.
Michael and I wanted to do a family mission trip this year. We feel it is important to begin early to teach our daughter the importance of spreading the Gospel of Christ. Originally we planned to attend an MSMBI Shine trip to Mexico and Rio Grand Valley Texas in July...but with all the kidnapping and drug issues in border towns we have decided that now may not be the time to take our daughter to the Mexican border. Our church youth group will be going, assuming the swine flu hasn't killed the population. I would love to be involved in that trip...and I will leave it at that!
So... in the mean time I am looking for opportunities for God to wreck me. This is a scary place to stand.
And meanwhile our friends are being wrecked by God by starting literally picking up their lives in TX and starting a new Church in Fort Collins, CO. Please pray for them and this town.
1 comment:
Wow on going on a mission trip. I just don't have it in me. I'm too selfish. I do know a lady who worked in the Peace Corp for a few years and she found it very rewarding. I know you will find your trip fulfilling too when it happens.
And I'm honored to be one of your 20 regular readers...when you become McMama you won't notice when I comment. ;) I'm narcissistic that way. LOL
Post a Comment