Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Updates!

Okay... so it is a busy week, I have something major and long every night... and it is just Tuesday. I have a couple things to update.

1. The 7x7 prayer thing is GREAT! But, I didn't get it *all* in yesterday. It was the first official day and I left my cute book at home. I was busy at school and didn't even think to pray different prayers (duh!?!). I prayed in the morning and at night for her. Prayer is something that I am constantly working on. The wonderfulness of "talking to God" escapes me in the formal setting. I don't make as much time as I should. I get distracted, too overwhelmed with the shear amount of things to talk to God about. When I am at school there isn't much "down" time to sit and meditate. At home, there is dishes, laundry, dinner, all of which are interrupted continuously with husband's comments or toddler stories. I get sidetracked and frustrated. There I said it... it is all about honesty and accountability, right?.

2. The neck injury/pain **maybe** a little more extensive than I originally thought. After a visit to the PT and an initial evaluation, he talked as though it might be a bulging or herniated disk in the neck area. We started a treatment that will help if it is bulging. Surgery is almost the only option for the herniation. I go for an MRI tomorrow. So, in the mean time for the next 4 weeks I will visit him 3x each week to get "traction" and other treatments. I had a traction treatment yesterday, trying to pull the neck back into place to stop whatever is pinching the nerves. This morning both sides of the neck are a little sore. (but I did one set of exercises).

Oh, and another lesson in Genesis: You have to feel the pain to feel God moving! More on that later!

No comments: