Friday, July 18, 2008

A good Teacher....

~~gets her keys THREE weeks before school and starts planning. I did it... I went and picked up my keys. I am not sure if this is the earliest I have ever done it, but I plan to start working on my room tomorrow. I will be teaching a new grade level and with that comes some pretty hefty challenges. I am SUPER excited about what will be going on in my classroom next year. I went in my room and started picturing it in my head. Michael will work all night tonight, so I am going to go and get the layout set up for next year. I have LOTS of work to do, so I need a head start. Once I get the layout set, I can work on lessons and matching IEP goals with PASS skills. I just finished the Literacy First Process workshop and am loving the ideas. I really can't wait to get started. Tonight... I am stealing stellar ideas off the internet.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Good for you girl! My classroom is the summer day camp room until August 15th so I have a good excuse to continue to be a loaf! I suppose September will be here before we know it!

Great job on your current exercise plan! I've taken a page from your book and went bike riding 2 nights in a row. I hope I don't get saddle sore like you did though. I probably don't go far enough.

Lisa said...

My favorite time of the school year was always the beginning of the year and getting my room ready. I really miss that! If I was still living there I would come help you get your classroom ready, that would be fun! Hope you have a great year!