Friday, June 13, 2008

Fathers Day....


The age old question posed to husband/father, "what do you want for_________" (fill in blank with any present giving occasion). I am not sure how this works in other households, but at my house it is usually followed by "I don't know". While this is the verbal response, there are many images flashing through the mind that are filtered through the "too expensive", "she won't buy that", "I'm not sure about that" "not for ______" categories until nothing remains. This year that statement included "what did I get you for Mother's Day?" The response was kind of loaded. As not to begin/or lengthen any current arguement, I tredded carefully. Because the reality of the situation was that he bought me a cute Vera Bradley purse, but gave it to me several weeks early. While I appreciated it greatly, I was left without a gift on Mother's Day. So does it count as a Mother's Day present if it given several weeks early?... I think I have determined (although I don't fully agree) that it should. Several people (including me) have received a more expensive gift at Christmas time that accounts for Christmans/birthday/V-day and every other gift giving occasion for the next year. We all know that it isn't really the case, but at time of purchase, that is the promise. So as I prepare for Father's Day shopping, I am at a loss as what to get. If I had an endless supply of money, I would purchase him a car and hire someone to work for him, but alas... that is not the case. This working mother just wants this day to be special for the man who makes her life brighter. So... off to shop!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Oh - to peak into the mind of Man or Woman and see... TRULY see them as they are.

Well a small blog about the vera bradly purse... It was given earily... becuase I don't like suprises... and if I have something that is going to make you smile... I want that... there is NO staisfaction in waiting or in making YOU wait to see what I got or didn't get...

As for a gift for me.. I do like the more expensive things. Because if there is something for under $20.00 I usually buy it if I really want it. It's just the Larger items that I don't spend on. AND I am also a HUGE E-bayer... remember the 6 disc Cd changer I got for $40.00 with Shipping... (500.00 at the dealership) It's still a big item.

The day is made for me by spending time with the two girls that I love... the girls that occupie my thoughts throughout the day and my dreams at night.

YOU make my fathers day special. Not all the gifts or money in the world would outshine that.

Thanks for lighting up my life.

XOXO
M

Amy said...

Thanks baby!!!