I had an emotional day yesterday. DD has been sick since Monday- throwing up and high fever (102.6) plus lathargic and not eating. So I took her to the dr. looks like it is virus bug that isn't the "real" flu- just a fake flu... but her throat was REALLY red and he did a strep test which came back neg. I was feeling bad too- but after a GREAT night's sleep it is a little better.
Mike called and said they were coming home. So in between school and the doctor, I had to meet a locksmith to pick the door so we could get in. He needed some more blood, and so they left the hospital about 10 last night. He was SO happy to be coming home. They got their discharge papers at noon, but didn't bring his blood until after 7 last night. He said he was leaving even if it was 2am. Everything looks good- he doesn't have to have oxygen and will have to have his hemoglobin levels checked every couple days to see if he needs more blood. Michael is definately glad. He has his song back and spend a few hours crying... just what he needed to do was release all his emotions. I know that Mike isn't out of the woods and since he has needed three more units of blood, I am not sure that he is REALLY fixed, but at least he is coming home to relax for a few days/weeks before going to Dallas.
Also... I told my kids about moving classrooms. Sure didn't get the reaction that I wanted. It started with a "NOOOOOOOOO" in unison. And then about 10 of them started weeping like someone had died. I was going to wait until Friday, but they had been asking questions. So I decided yesterday was good. We didn't do science, they just cried. It was awful, I felt horrible. But, I have to do what is right for me, and I KNOW that the stress from 28 kids contributed to the miscarriage. Plus, I am MORE tired and busy in that job then when I teach special education. AND...in my new job I will have less kids and 2 aides-- why would I pass it up? I would be stupid not too!
1 comment:
Amy - I'm glad you were able to finally tell your students about your position change. What kind of reaction were you "wanting." I'm sure you weren't hoping for applause? Kids, as beastly as they can be at times certainly are caring creatures. I'm sure you made the right decision.
Post a Comment