Today is a special day. It use to be my most favorite holiday of all. A time to be thankful for wonderful husbands, precious daughters, more family, friends, freedom, my job, religious freedom, and small things-like hot chocolate and Sonic drinks. It was a time when we set aside time to give blessing to the Lord for the great blessings we had experienced. Maybe for some the one time when they could see there blessings outshining the difficult times in their lives.
Thanksgiving changed.
On Nov. 22, 2007- it became a sad day. We lost our second child that day. The miracle baby for which we had so fervently prayed. Gone in the blink of an eye. It is a funny thing how that works. I thought everything was totally normal, but it wasn't. Truth be told, it hadn't been for weeks. But, the Lord brought us through it. However, Thanksgiving isn't my favorite anymore. Really Nov. 22 shouldn't be my favorite, but for some reason it is stuck on the holiday. Don't get me wrong. I still love me some time with family, celebrating the blessings of the Lord, and some of the traditional dinner we fix. But, this day brings a sad cloud for me. A reminder of that terrible day. It may always be itching in the back of my head.
But Today!
Today, I will push it back, give it to God and be thankful for the blessings. We are so lucky to be charged with the care of our daughter and two precious packages to arrive after Easter. It is amazing how God can begin to turn that dark cloud into a silver lining. I am not going to lie...I will think about my unborn babies and pray that they will not meet the same feat as Autumn on this Thanksgiving day. I will pray for my friends that they will continue to have healthy pregnancies and I will continue to thank the Lord for the provision in my life.
Join Me! Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
I think after this year you will have a much happier remembrance of Thanksgiving! :)
Post a Comment