Thursday, February 19, 2009

What your good at

For several days Michael has been asking me to help him write the contract for the (LARGE) purchase we will be making in a few days. I am not so sure why it was me, instead of a more qualified lawyer, but I guess I am cheaper...so he thinks! Anyway, I am pretty good at what I do. Not to toot my own horn, but I did complete National Board Certification in the first year of the process *note- it can be a three year process- end note* I have as our LMS calls "the patience of Job" in dealing with my students, and I wear all my hats (wife, daughter, mother, aunt, sister, teacher, nurse, behaviorial specialist, parent trainer, employee, co-business owner, church go-er, blog writer, etc) without much complaining.

But I have been stalling on this wife-ly duty-helping write a contract- mostly because I don't have the foggest idea what it should say. I am a little on the controling side, which is something I am working on-in small baby steps! Thankfully the internet is chalked full of sample contracts and ideas. Anyway, my eyes got a little glazed over as I read through the contract he had found. While it was probably an A+ in contract writing class, I was clueless as to what it meant. I found myself reading the first paragraph over and over again.

It said...the ______________will be refered to as 'seller', the ___________hereinto referenced as 'buyer'. Then something about "exhibit A" which made me think of a courtroom, which lead me down the mental path of being sued, then I came back to how I didn't have a clue about this contract business, how lawyers are expensive, but they might be worth it...and then back to re-reading the six lines I had just skipped. Ug! It was a little exhuasting.

So the best solution...we picked a simpler contract and made it our own...then we went to have ice-cream. Truthfully, I had skipped Bible Study due to the contract writing and packing, but we took a little break to have some couple time without our little *needs to be the center of attention* darling daughter was at AWANA Cubbies.

Thankfully, everything is in order for our trip...which I will be posting more about in the coming days...right now, I best get off to work before i am LATE again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes couple time is important enough to skip over other things. Keep your marriage strong!