and my skin is STILL dry. Why you ask?
It is because I don't apply it. I am SO not into the way lotion feels on my hands and it is one of the beautification steps in the morning that I skip. I don't skip too many of those steps, daily shampoo and conditioner, blow dry, straightening iron, volume rollers and several types of hair product. Then I start on the face--moisturizer (new step since I am turning 30 in a month) foundation, powder, 2 or three colors of shadow, maybe eyeliner, mascara-never leave home with out it!!!...then deotarant, perfume, floss, toothpaste...all before 7 AM. But, I skip the lotion and live with dry skin as long as I can. Usually until it hurts! I have hit my breaking point...I thought that I would pick up another bottle at the store and it would cure my hurting skin. Then, I decided I would look to see what I had...all of *that*!!! In studying Esther this week, I was challenged to make a list of all the beauty products I own. I am a little embarrassed by the amount of money I have spent on products. It is sad to say that I own a lot...I'd like to think they make a great difference but the truth is... you have to use them!
It is kind of like my relationship with Christ. I have all these devotion books, several versions of the Bible, many ways to connect, but unless I do the thing, apply the principles and live that way...I am still dry and thirsty. If I am not paying attention, I can live in that state...until it hurts. I have had that hurt in the last 6 months- the dry mouth -dehydrating kind of thirst. But, lately, I have been drinking from the well with the Lord. While my daily meetings isn't making my physical skin more hydrated, it is watering my soul and overflowing in my marriage, relationships and job. And... I have started applying the lotion a little more faithfully.
2 comments:
what a great analogy!!!
I'm like you. I have terrible dry skin, but I hate taking the time to put on lotion. So, all my bottles of lotion sit there until it starts to hurt. Such a great analogy to our relationship with Christ. I'll have to remember this one!
Post a Comment