
Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. The Message Matt. 5:14
Melissa @ The Inspired Room (http://theinspiredroom.net/) set some montly goals for her "A beautiful Life" Friday linkie thing! I was inspired, so in true "theifing" fashion, I stole her idea and changed them up a bit. I set 12 monthly goals to focus on each month to SHINE.
January: Organization
February: Solitude (regular quiet times)
March: Heathly Living
April: Financial Freedom
May: Family
June: Balanced Living
July: Missions
August: Contentment
September: Routines
October: Hospitality
November: Gratitude
December: Giving
Looking forward to sharing 2009 with you all!
June: Balanced Living
July: Missions
August: Contentment
September: Routines
October: Hospitality
November: Gratitude
December: Giving
Looking forward to sharing 2009 with you all!
6 comments:
Wow...sounds like you've been doing lots of thinking/introspection already...and it's only Jan. 1st! :) Good things to think about. Thanks for sharing...
Hello there! I stopped by after Michael shared the link to your blog - and couldn't stop reading! :-) I just wanted to let you know that I am truly touched by your writing. It is inspiring to see someone letting God shine through them so clearly. Thank you!
Chrissa Ortega
I stumbled upon your blog and hope you don't mind that I stop back. You have a wonderful way of looking at life and are quite inspirational. *hugs* Blessings.
You go girl! Oh how God has worked on you this yar...and oh how wonderful the strides you are making. Sorry, I've been out of the loop. I never got the rest of my Christmas cards sent...be prepared for Valentines. I love the pic of Evy...so beautiful....thank you so much! Love you!
I love this! I might borrow this, and we can blog about it together. I am going to link this in our blog.
Happy new year!
Post a Comment