Friday, October 17, 2008

A great week!


This has really been a great week. My only complaint is that I haven't been able to work out because I twisted/sprained my foot last week. It happened Thursday and just got worse and worse until I quit baring weight on it... then it was better. So I am going to start exercising this week again. It also rained solid for three days-- so inside recess Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thankfully the sun came out yesterday. And...no kids at school. I worked as a "professional day" on RTI graphs for the teachers. For some reason my focus was off and I didn't get them all accomplished. I still have lots of work before going back to school. Last night we came to Tulsa to watch my cousin in the Collinsville Cadet band.


I kind of forgot what small town America was like. The kids were running around without parent...smoking was allowed inside the gate but not in the stands (I guess) and cheap concession stand food. We came home after 10, grabbed late night food and wrote some Humanities definitions. I am helping Brooke with her assignment. I think it was after midnight before I fell asleep. This morning... I woke at 6:45- which sadly is sleeping in (about an hour) for my body. I made myself lay there until about 7:20, but couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to go do some sort of exercise, but didn't bring the right clothes or shoes. I was packing light.

Michael and I reached another milestone yesterday. Oct. 16 was the day I found out I was pregnant with Autumn. It was kind of a bitter sweet day. I was a little uptight which means I picked a couple fights--I wanted to be mad at something. But, really over the last few weeks, I have experinced much healing. Odd thing: I probably ovulated yesterday, so we might end up pregnant again in October. We'll see if it in God's timing.

I am so glad that Michael got to come with us. Brooke has lived in this apartment for a LONG time and he still hasn't seen it. Although, he could have done without the football game, he is enjoying that he spontanously did something. Today we will travel to Stillwater to meet up with Jessica, Justin and Cori and head out to the pumpkin patch. Evy just loves her cousin Cori, so the girls should have some fun. Then it is home again... for the rest of the weekend. Our home group was planning a camping trip (which I was super excited for) but with all the rain, plans have changed, so I am just waiting to hear what is in the works.

Okay... so my next goal is to learn to run. Last night I trailed Brooke running about 4 blocks with Evy back to Grandma's house. I had to slow to walk for a couple feet a few times, but Evy kept running and I had to keep up. I REALLY want to learn to run... I felt so good after we stopped. I was inspired by the Biggest Loser show and Brady running up the mountian. If those people can do it-- I can do it, too! I just need motivation and something to chase!

No comments: