Wednesday, July 28, 2010

True Story!

For the past few days I have been working very hard to rid my house of clutter and clean. Truthfully, it was bad since I hadn't cleaned well since I was pregnant. There are plenty of excuses- 1st trimester- didn't want to touch the chemicals or smell them. 2nd trimester- too tired, 3rd trimester- to sick and big to even consider it...also super tired. So now the babies are a little more self soothing, so I have been able to get it down. My house (may I brag a bit) looks pretty good.

Yesterday, I borrowed a few more tools to aid in the cleaning. A Hoover Floormate from my friend MZ (and yes, I may be in love with this floor cleaner) and a carpet shampooer from AM. I was hoping to get the floors spotless before Evy's party on Sat. So these ladies offered to drop off their cleaning tools and I was happy that I didn't have to get the kids out in the heat. So, both happened to be here at the same time...we all work together (and mom too) so we were catching up a bit.

Evy was playing with AM's daughter and nephew and having a loud amount of fun. When she came trotting out of her room with a dead mouse dangling from her fingers. "Look, Mom! I found a rat" she said. I was absolutely mortified...I mean beyond embarrassment. I asked her to drop it and wash her hands. I then proceeded to pick it up with some towels. Awesome, just awesome!! I had worked my tail off cleaning only for my oldest to find a dead mouse in her bedroom closet. We leave near a creek/drainage ditch and always fight a few mice each year.
I however would prefer that we discover them when company is NOT present.

4 comments:

CarrieMarie said...

oh no! well, at least she brought it to you & didn't play w/ it?? *bright side* ?? eep!

Jess said...

Too funny! I think with 3 kids running around, this is probably just the 1st of many embarrassing stories yet to be told!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I would have been mortified too! Oh well, what do ya do? It'll be funny in a few days!

Dawn said...

Oh that would have killed me! That brave little Evy! Good job with your housecleaning though.