Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday and Thankful

Today is Thursday. It marks 60 more days until the end of the pregnancy journey and the beginning of something I am having a hard time wrapping my head around. But I am thankful that this journey for me has been so "normal". I have spent hours in prayer for friends and friends or family of friends who are facing astronomical difficulties with their pregnancies. All the while, milking this fear concerning my own journey. The Lord sure has blessed me and I feel like shouting it from the rooftops. I have complained to him about the pains, aches and tiredness and fears..and he has continued to sustain me. I am truly blessed!

I still can't even imagine what our lives are going to be like. Two little bundles of baby joy will join our home in just a short while. As I type that, floods of thoughts pool through my brain-fast! I have many questions, doubts, insecurities, and fears that rise up. I also have these sweet memories of the baby stages of Evy and am ready to cuddle them in my arms. The Lord and I are working on the other stuff...and it will get worked out, I am confident of that!

Last night, I had a dream that I could hold their hands in my womb. Evy and I lay in bed at night, holding hands as we both fall asleep. I woke up this morning with the physical feeling of a tiny hand gripping my fingers. I am sure it has some to do with the picture I was emailed of the 21 week old baby gripping his surgeons hand during a procedure...but none the less it makes this whole thing much more "real". I sure am excited to meet these little babies.

I also have to brag on how thankful I am for my sweet, caring, thoughtful husband. I was recommended a baby stroller to use for the twins. We have looked around trying to get the best price. Last month, I was outbid on Ebay by less than $2. He has continued to search daily and tried to find the best price...yesterday he did- a steal- in fact!! What an amazing man and I am so undeserving of such a wonderful husband. He has been so helpful during this pregnancy when I am to drained to do laundry, dishes or cook...he has tried to keep up and is doing a wonderful job.

So on this Thursday morning...I am truly thankful for the blessings!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so glad that things are going so well for you! Only 60 days left? Wow, before you know it your beautiful babies will be here and I look forward to "meeting" them via blog.

Anonymous said...

I am excited to "meet" them too! Glad you are doing well!