Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Last Day

I can't believe today is the last day of 2009. I just shake my head in amazement. I began the year with a word...SHINE.

Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. The Message Matt. 5:14


I am hoping that I accomplished that in these last 365 days, shining brightly in a dark world. I am not sure what my word for next year will be- probably needs to be "organized" or "changer of many diapers"- something I might actually be able to accomplish will be nice-so probably the later.

I am sure that I didn't accomplish all I set out to do...in fact, I ended up getting pregnant and was unable to complete the triathalon I had considered/trained to do. But, these babies are much more important that some competition. My next year seems so far away, but Jan. 1, 2010 is going to come in less than 24 hours and it will begin. I am so unsure of what to expect. We will meet two new babies and adjust to a life of feeding, changing, and more laundry. What a great journey it will be!