That was the question I was asking myself on Monday afternoon. Today is Wednesday night, so officially I am past the half way point. I think I can make it. This week was SUPER packed. Monday was a stressful IEP in the morning and a meeting afterschool to plan the presentation. Tuesday was a SUPER stressful IEP meeting in the afternoon and then presentations to parents from 6-8 in the evening. Today, I had another presentation to teachers scheduled (they cancelled- but rescheduled for next week)so I went to the faculty meeting... then church/Bible Study... It just seems to be jam packed. I am looking forward to the weekend and a reprieve from meetings.
I did all my "homework" for the Bible Study this week! Aren't you proud of me? It didn't seem hard to fit it in and I definitely learned a lot. I didn't know that Abraham lied about his relationship with Sarai to the Pharaoh and Pharaoh lived with her as his wife for a while... imagine that camel ride home after being sent away from Pharaoh's land. Anger, silence, tears... and such shame between man and wife. I am still in awe that Abram is 75 years old during these chapters of Genesis. It makes me think of John McCain and his run for the Presidency. He is about that old. or young? I only hope that I am not 75 when God decides that he is going to give me his blessing, maybe bestow a nation.
In Bible Study tonight, Beth talked about God taking your "from" somewhere and then "to" another place. I really feel like God has taken me "from" my complacent and angry self and is in the process of taking me "to" somewhere else, but I am just sitting waiting for the destination to be revealed. I still live in this land of wonder. I wonder why? bad things happen, children die, accidents occur, bad circumstances happen, etc. The answers fall in between God is Sovereign and God's love is Unconditional. I am not sure those chapters will ever be revealed on Earth... so I am just trusting and believing that God's plan is the best plan.
So... what am I searching for: peace, patience, and direction! Dear Lord, grant me the peace to trust your plan, patience to wait for your timing, and steer me in the direction of your voice.
2 comments:
I love your prayer! I need to be saying it! Love you!
So glad to hear you're enjoying Bible study and learning a lot. And way to go on getting all your homework done!! I look forward to hearing about what you're learning and how you're doing.
Post a Comment