or so I thought. I am really feeling a little better, but stepped on the scale to notice that I had gained 9 lbs. OH... that is a little much in less than two weeks. I am thinking some of it has to with being sick... and some with the junk food (twinkies, cookies, star crunch and chips) I have brought into the house in the last few weeks. Really there is no good excuse~ a long list of reasons ~ but no excuses. I have been stressed on birth control and craving chocolate. At one point, I decided that I liked myself the way I was and was just going to exercise but not "diet". So... now after the nine pound gain, I am going back to food journaling. Yesterday when I was home, I ended up eating more than three meals and two snacks. Each of the pills you have to eat with so I let that be whole meal...bad idea. Tomorrow is a new day and another chance to make healthier choices. Today, I ate zuchinni lasagna for lunch (not so bad, eh?), a star crunch, AND a twinkie (the bad). Snack was ice-cream cake (going away party) and breakfast was a biscut with bacon,egg and cheese at school. Too many calories.
I am also learning a lot from my Patriarchs study. Last week, I was talking about Abrahams poor choices like gossip. It was funny. I have avoided today because Sarah dies in the next chapter. I don't think I want to picture that scene. Poor old Abramham-- like 137 or something- sobbing for his wife who passed away. Makes me sad to think abou it. But, she was able to have Issac and live for another 37 years! What a blessing.
1 comment:
We will do the weight loss thing together. I am so encouraged by our crazy other sister, and know that if she can do it we can do it. If only we didn't have other people in our houses always eating food we are trying to stay away from or asking, "please, cookie, please Mommy."
Post a Comment