Michael and I have always felt a strong desire to adopt a child. To give love to a little one whose parents aren't around to love them or take care of them. We can do that! So, five months ago, Michael and I requested adoption paperwork through the state of Oklahoma. I wasn't particularly healed from the miscarriage and was really wanting a baby. (It was May- our baby would have been born in June) We decided to put off turning the application in until after Evy's birthday in July. So... while cleaning up the other day, I found the application. I looked back over it. At the time, I was so desperate to have a child, I had marked tons of possiblities. Now, with a little clarity of head, I removed some of those possibilities. Since I teacher developmentally delayed children, I really don't have the engergy to come home to those kinds of issues. It wouldn't be fair to the baby or Evy.
I have been praying and will continue to pray about what direction is the right direction to take. Adoption keeps coming up. I have decided after a couple months of bc pills, that I don't really want to the shots... I still remember how horrible it is. If I get pregnant, great. If God gives us a child through adoption... YIPEE!
4 comments:
I too still have adoption applications, but have yet to send them in. It is looking more and more like pregnancy is just one of those things I'll never get to experience.
I was adopted. My parents gave me a chance at a life I know I never would have had before. I'm glad you didn't turn your application in during an emotional time. Sounds like you are ready.
;) I'm glad you are praying about it. Michael and I are definitely not to that point. I had a rough day today, but I remembered to pray....God has it...even though I take it back. I just wish I could get prgnant, have a healthy baby and live my life. I know in time...I'll rejoice either way. Keep me in your prayers. :)
I can't believe I haven't commented on this. Darn google reader, I know that has to be a down side of having it even though it makes it easy to keep up!
This is wonderful news. Definitely keep us updated. And as always know my prayers are with you.
Post a Comment